I remember when I was younger, praying that my family would become more close. Well let's just say I got what I prayed for, and God works in his own way and own time.
About two and a half years ago my family stumbled across a very unique and unlikely trial. Something I thought only happened on television. It pulled my family apart and gave us all stress and tears that seemed painful and uneccesary. But strangely enough, I now think that this hardship was an answer to my prayer.
I was sitting in church yesterday. I can't even remember what was being said, but it made me realize how much my family has come together and grown in the past two years. Even though I hate the situation we are in, I really feel so blessed to have each and every one of them! I think that every member of my family has learned so much. And although my Dad is in a really bad place right now, I know that he can get things figured out and will be okay.
Isn't it weird/amazing how the Lord works? I was probably only ten years old when I prayed to bring my family closer together. Now, ten years later I get the answer to my prayer. It's not in any way what I expected. I guess all I really have to say is be patient and never lose your Faith. Even when it seems like no one is there or knows what your going through, all you have to do is ask in faith, and the door will eventually be opened unto you.
Cumin Lime Black Bean Quinoa Salad
10 years ago

3 Comments:
I know exactly what you mean about praying for your family to be closer and then it happening...in a very different way. We moved to Oregon, and Joy moved to Indiana and North Carolina, and then Joseph is in Maryland, but I've never been closer to any of my siblings than when we're all in different states. Funny, the way the Lord works. He takes your simple plea and sends you and your family experiences that wouldn't seem to bring you together, in fact would take them in opposite directions, then somehow you got exactly what you wanted and you're all together. I wonder if thats the way the celestial kindgom and sealings work too. :) I am so grateful for you Sarah. You're wonderful!
Sarah what an uplifting post. You are amazing... Don't ever forget it!
Wow Sarah! That is such an awesome insight! It's so crazy how the Lord answers prayers! You eventually get what you asked for, but not the way you would think. I'm glad I'm not the one making the call and figuring out what would actually make what I want happen.
You're awesome Sarah! Love ya!
Post a Comment