
You are powerful.
Listen to these words. You are powerful.
Think about it for a second. I mean really think about it.
In my ballet class we have been talking about Taoist athletes and the different ways they deal with emotional/psychological effects that occur in different types of sports (in my case dancing, but that's beside the point). To kind of sum up the way they think as opposed to other athletes, they have a healthy way of looking at competition and have the courage to risk failure. There is a lot more to it than that actually, but it would take really long to get into all of it. Anyway, what I'm really trying to get at, is, they use positive thinking and visualization to improve their performance. They use words of positive affirmation to help them when things get tough.
So...In my ballet class we had a discussion and came up with our own affirmations like "You are an awesome jumper" or "I love left Pirouettes" (even though everyone knows left pirouettes suck). But the most important one we came up with was this. You are powerful.
You have the power to create your own life.
You have the power to influence others.
You have the power to learn and make mistakes.
You have the power to love with no regrets.
You have the power to change unpleasant circumstances.
You have the power to control your thoughts.
You have the power to dream.
You have the power to lend support to someone in need.
You have the power to say no.
You have the power to learn and grow.
We do we let ourselves live in fear? Why do we hold back our talents in fear that we will shine too bright? Why do we let outside influences control our inner emotions? We are the ones in control. We have the power. You are Powerful!
Cumin Lime Black Bean Quinoa Salad
10 years ago

2 Comments:
Hey Sarah! It's been a while but i sometimes stalk your blog through Stephanie's blog. I only have one for my classes at UVU and they aren't interesting blogs haha. Anywho, I just wanted to say I love this post! :) Thanks for sharing it. I needed to hear it. Hope you are doing fabulous!
You are amazing! I absolutely love this!
Post a Comment