Monday, November 10, 2008

Body Worlds


Last week I got the opportunity to go see the Body World exhibit up in Salt Lake. It is AMAZING. It is an exhibit that uses real human muscles and bones, and displays them in a way so we can see how the body works. It sounds really gross, and I'll be honest, I was creeped out at first. But it is very interesting and SO worth the time and money!

I first heard about Body Worlds from my ballet teacher, and it got me really interested because I wanted look at muscles and see how they work. Well lets just say I learned about muscles and much, much, more. You can see every little detail of the human body. Every tendon, every pore, fingernail, artery etc. They had lung a healthy lung right next to a smokers lung, and right next to that there was a case for people to put their cigarettes if they wanted to quit smoking. It was full of cigarettes. :) They also had a man who was obese and you could see all the fat around his body. It really gets you thinking and wanting to take good care of your own body.

Going here made me realize how amazing God is for creating these detailed and complicated but beautiful bodies. It sounds cheesy, but REALLY! Go take a look for yourself! It will be in Salt Lake until January. It is kind of expensive, but you won't regret it, I promise!


"Your body is the harp of your soul. And it is yours to bring forth sweet music from it, or confused sounds."
-Khalil Gibran


1 Comment:

Ashley Eliza said...

sarah is that you in your main picture on your page?! LOVE IT!!